Friday, November 28, 2008

Tomorrow is also suppose to be my day off, but I and others are flying to the very northern Province of Samagan, near the border of Turkmiistan, to undertake an assessment of the horrible conditions. Apparently this province is one of the poorest areas and has been hit by drought. We (me) are going to assess the ‘lack of’ water and sanitation situation and then possibly write a proposal for funding, to try and bring water and sanitation here to a limited targeted population of about 5000 people. I had a meeting with the Swedish Embassy yesterday afternoon and they might be interested in further funding. The Swedes are already funding a project with us for 4000 internally displaced (IDP’s) in a camp, 30 minutes outside of Kabul…which has gone off the rails, thanks to the Ministry of Defense (MOD) who at the last minute pulled the plug on us drilling boreholes and building bathrooms, because they did not want these IDP’s on their land, so next week I have to go there and try to change their minds, in the mean time I have authorized the trucking of water to storage tanks in the camp, which stats in a few days, so atleast they can have some water….oh yeah, I am not suppose to talk about work today, oops! I will out of touch for the next 5 days, cross your fingers for us all and all little prayers all welcome!! Ciao ciao!!
kevito

No comments: